Once upon a time a little girl was born and she grew up to love ice cream, very very much.
So much so, in fact, that it became a staple in her diet, even through her years at university.
But one too many trips to a certain soft serve machine in the cafeteria left her feeling worse for the wear and regretting her sweet tooth quite dreadfully.
So she tried as she might to give up sweets. But after months of saying ‘no’ to her favorite frozen dessert in an attempt to practice restraint, she finally gave in and the two were reunited once again. (cue: *embrace*)
“I knew you always loved me,” the ice cream said. “I’ll never quit you again, I promise,” the girl exclaimed.
From that day forward there wasn’t a week that went by that the girl didn’t have an ice cream cone at least once.
And the two lived happily ever – with sprinkles. The end.
Strawberry Cake Magic Shell
- 1/2 heaping cup white chocolate chips (dairy-free for vegan)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp strawberry cake mix
- Red food coloring (optional)
- Heat the chocolate chips and coconut oil over a double boiler. Stir until melted, and then add strawberry cake mix.
- Stir until the mixture is combined, and then add a drop or two of red food coloring until you've reached your desired shade of pink.
- Serve immediately over ice cream, frozen yogurt, or frozen bananas.
*Questions about substitutions, equipment, or troubleshooting? Check out our Recipe FAQ page.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.