I feel like I should write this post in a low, baritone voice. Or rather, you should read it that way. Either way, things about to get sexy.
Friends, it’s almost New Year’s Eve and that means it’s time to party.
It’s time to reflect, celebrate the year past, look forward to a new year with a giant blank canvas. Time to decide what you want 2015 to be. May we pour you a drink and discuss?
First things first: This drink is EASY and will make you look like a baller. It’s science.
What more do you need to know? Oh yeah, IT TASTES AWESOME.
John and I collaborated on this drink recipe. After he started making me a pomegranate margarita on Mexican nights, I immediately though it’d be a fun one to recreate for Minimalist Baker.
What better time to kick it up a notch with bubbly than for New Year’s? That’s what I said! (No seriously Rhonda, that’s what I said. Gosh.)
Let me tell you about this drink.
It starts with the juice of a lime, silver tequila, and 100% pomegranate juice (the good stuff). Shake the crap out of it with ice, pour into a serving glass and top with sparkling wine. A giant classy ice cube never hurts.
Last but not least? Pomegranate arils for a festive touch and a surprise at the bottom of your glass. I mean, who wouldn’t want a surprise at the bottom of their glass? (Rhonda, seriously?)
I think you ladies and gents are going to LOVE this drink. It’s:
& Perfect for ringing in the new year
Make this drink for friends and instantly make three more friends. It’s that good.
As for the New Year’s talk? That’s coming, later this week! In the meantime, check out our 2014 reflection post and get prepped. December 31 is perhaps one of our favorite days of the year because it’s when we decided to change our lives several years ago. So much to say, so stay tuned!
Lastly? You know the drill. If you make this cocktail, let us know! Rate it, comment, share it, or take a picture and tag it #minimalistbaker on Instagram so we can see. Cheers, friends!
Sparkling Pomegranate Margaritas
- 2 ounces 100% agave blanco tequila
- 2 ounces 100% pomegranate juice (not cocktail)
- 1 ounce lime juice (plus wedges for garnish)
- 2 ounces sparkling white wine (Trader Joe’s brand is awesome – see photo)
- 1 handful pomegranate arils (optional)
- Add lime juice, tequila and pomegranate juice to a cocktail shaker with ice and shake vigorously to combine.
- Pour into a serving glass with a large ice cube and top with sparkling wine.
- Garnish with pomegranate arils and a lime wedge. Taste and adjust as needed, adding more pomegranate juice to sweeten, more lime for tartness, and sparkling wine for a drier taste.
- Serves 1 generously (as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size).
Leave a Comment & Rating!