With an Instant Pot and about 20 minutes, you can make fluffy, PERFECT quinoa every time! Let us show you how.
Instant Pot Quinoa
We love cooking quinoa in the Instant Pot because it’s fast, fluffy, hands-off, and never mushy!
Here’s what you need to know:
- Ratio = 1 part quinoa : 1 ½ parts water
- Cook Time = 3 minutes
- Release = 10 minute natural release, then release any remaining pressure
It goes well in stir fries, fried “rice,” zucchini fritters, vegan sausage, vegan meatballs, or as a side to nearly any main. It’s an incredibly versatile and protein-rich grain!
Did you find this helpful? If so, be sure to check out our Instant Pot Cooking Times Guide for perfectly cooked grains and beans every time!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Instant Pot Quinoa (Fluffy, Perfect, No Soaking!)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 ½ cups water (or vegetable broth for more flavor)
- Add quinoa and water (or vegetable broth) to the Instant Pot and stir to prevent sticking. Pressure cook on high for 3 minutes (it will take about 8 minutes for the Instant Pot to pressurize before cooking begins).
- Once the timer goes off, allow to naturally release for 10 minutes, then release any remaining pressure. Carefully remove lid once steam has fully escaped.
- Enjoy immediately in stir fries, fried "rice", zucchini fritters, vegan sausage, vegan meatballs, or as a side to nearly any main. Store cooled leftovers in the refrigerator up to 5 days or in the freezer up to 1 month. Reheat in a skillet on the stovetop, adding oil or coconut aminos, as needed, to prevent sticking.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.
Leave a Comment & Rating!