With an Instant Pot and about 1 hour, you can make perfectly cooked pinto beans every time! Let us show you how.
Instant Pot Pinto Beans
The Instant Pot is our preferred method for cooking pinto beans because it’s quick and easy (no soaking required!) and yields perfectly tender beans!
Here’s what you need to know:
- Ratio = 1 part pinto beans : 3 parts water
- Cook Time = 35 minutes
- Release = 15 minute natural release, then release any remaining pressure
Did you find this helpful? If so, be sure to check out our Instant Pot Cooking Times Guide for perfectly cooked grains and beans every time!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Instant Pot Pinto Beans (Fast, Perfect, No Soaking!)
- 1 cup pinto beans
- 3 cups water (or vegetable broth for more flavor)
- Add pinto beans and water (or vegetable broth) to the Instant Pot and stir to prevent sticking. Pressure cook on high for 35 minutes (it will take about 8 minutes for the Instant Pot to pressurize before cooking begins).
- Once the timer goes off, allow to naturally release for 15 minutes, then release any remaining pressure. Carefully remove lid once steam has fully escaped and strain off any excess cooking liquid.
- Enjoy immediately in soups, stews, chili, bowls, tacos, refried beans, baked beans, vegan sausage, stuffed peppers, and more! Store cooled leftovers in the refrigerator up to 5 days or in the freezer up to 1 month. Reheat in a saucepan on the stovetop, adding a little water, as needed, to prevent sticking.
*Total time includes active cook time, release time, and the time it takes for the Instant Pot to heat up (~8 minutes).