How To Roast Tomatoes
A 3-ingredient recipe for perfect slow-roasted tomatoes! The result is tender, intensely flavorful tomatoes perfect for pastas, salads, pizza, and more!
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut or avocado oil (if avoiding oil, sub water or omit)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (and a dash of pepper is optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (149 C) and line 1 large (or 2 small) baking sheet(s) with parchment paper (increase number of baking sheets if making a larger batch).
- Add tomatoes and drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt (and pepper if adding). Arrange face up and roast for 1 hour to 1 hour 45 minutes. The longer they bake, the more shriveled the tomatoes become and the more intense the flavor will be.
- Enjoy immediately as is, or with pasta, pizza, salads, soups, and more!
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.
Nutrition (1 of 4 servings)
Serving: 1 serving Calories: 76 Carbohydrates: 3.5 g Protein: 0.8 g Fat: 7 g Saturated Fat: 0.9 g Trans Fat: 0 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 152 mg Fiber: 1.1 g Sugar: 2.4 g