If you’ve ever struggled to make balsamic vinaigrette that’s not overly acidic or oily, and has a balanced flavor, look no further!
In this easy, step-by-step tutorial I’ll show you how to make perfect, 5-ingredient balsamic vinaigrette every time thanks to a secret ingredient: Shallot!
How to Make Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 3-4 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup good quality olive oil (light or extra virgin)
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup (plus more to taste)
- 1 pinch each salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup diced shallot (best when blended)
- We recommend using a small blender to emulsify the ingredients and also fully incorporate the shallot. If not using shallot, simply add all ingredients to a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine.If using a blender, add all ingredients to blender and blend on high until creamy and smooth.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more vinegar for acidity, olive oil for richness, salt and pepper to taste, or maple syrup for sweetness.
- Use immediately on warm and cold salads, roasted vegetables, and more! Store in the refrigerator 3-4 days. (Oil can harden when chilled, so shake well to reincorporate.)
Leave a Comment & Rating!