Hello friends! How are you doing on this fine day?
I’m doing well. It’s practically summer, it’s nearly the weekend, and as I type I have one of these fudgy cookies at my side. In other words, life is good.
I was inspired to make these cookies after having such great success with my 5-Ingredient Dark Chocolate Macaroons. With all the fun I’ve been having with coconut lately, I figured I’d keep playing around with chocolate-coconut creations.
This recipe is simple, requiring just 9 ingredients and 30 minutes (give or take) from start to finish. And, there’s no baking involved, hence the name. These cookies really are a 1-pot wonder.
Another perk? These beauties are naturally sweetened with coconut sugar, and instead of butter I relied on coconut oil and peanut butter. They’re also infused with coconut flakes for an extra coconutty vibe.
I guess you could say this is a no bake cookie with a healthy twist.
One bite in and it was magic. These cookies are:
Naturally sweetened + perfectly sweet
These would make a great dessert for road trips, picnics or when you need something quick to whip up for entertaining. Or, if you’re like me, they make a great Tuesday cookie – just because.
We hope you love this recipe! If you try it be sure to take a picture and tag it #minimalistbaker on Instagram so we can see! We love seeing what you come up with. Cheers, friends!
Coconut No Bake Cookies
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or sub cane sugar)
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil (use refined for a less intense coconut flavor // or sub vegan butter)
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup rolled oats (gluten-free for GF eaters)
- 1/3 cup salted natural peanut butter, crunchy or creamy (or sub almond butter)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 Tbsp crushed salted roasted peanuts or shredded coconut (optional // for topping)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Add coconut sugar, almond milk, cocoa powder, and coconut oil to a medium saucepan and bring to a low boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Once bubbling, let boil for 1 minute. Then remove from heat and add peanut butter, oats, shredded coconut, vanilla and salt and stir to combine + fully incorporate all ingredients.
- Drop heaping Tablespoon amounts (I used this cookie scoop!) of the batter onto the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with crushed peanuts and/or additional flaked coconut (optional).
- Let sit at room temperature until cooled and hardened - about 25-30 minutes.
- Keep leftovers covered at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, though best when fresh.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.
Nutrition (1 of 15 servings)