One of my favorite things about this blog is that I get to share my favorite flavor pairings with you. Peanut butter basil, banana chocolate chip, sweet peanut sauce and spicy sriracha, and now: cranberry, cashew and chocolate.
I discovered the beauty of cranberries cashews and chocolate on a random lunchbreak at work recently.
I’d gone out to a shaded bench with a few people in my co-working space, and as ‘dessert’ to my hummus and veggies, I packed a handful of raw cashews, dark chocolate chips and dried cranberries. The result? A flavor combination I wasn’t quite prepared for.
Simple yet insanely delicious, so much so that I felt compelled to stop mid-bite, examine my tiny handful, and announce to my friends that they needed to try it immediately. Out of that moment, this little recipe was born.
Another food love of mine is Larabars. I still remember when my sister discovered them and quickly turned me on to the apple pie flavor. The experience was just short of life changing. Ever since then recipes have been popping up on how to recreate them at home. So when I discovered my most recent flavor pairing, I knew I had to combine the two loves to make one beautiful recipe. And that, I did.
Chocolate Cashew Cookie Larabar Pops
- 15-20 pitted medjool dates*
- 1 cup raw or roasted cashews (unsalted // I used half and half)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (sweetened or unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup dairy-free dark or semisweet chocolate chips
- Place cashews in a food processor and process until they're in small pieces, but not as fine as flour. You still want some chunks. Empty into bowl and set aside.
- Process dates until small pieces form and they’re sticky.
- Add back in ground cashews, cranberries and chocolate chips. Mix or pulse until well combined.
- Open lid and grab a small handful and squeeze to see if the mixture sticks together. If it’s still too crumbly, add a few more dates and process.
- Scrape mixture into a bowl, then take 1 Tbsp measurements and form them into balls, letting the heat from your hand melt it together. Don’t roll them in your hands, but rather form them into balls carefully.
- Place balls on a cookie sheet and refrigerate. Add skewers or Popsicle sticks once chilled and store at room temperate in plastic bag or Tupperware to keep fresh.
*Questions about substitutions, equipment, or troubleshooting? Check out our Recipe FAQ page.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.
Nutrition (1 of 20 servings)
These literally taste like a granola bar cookie. Moist from the dates, a little crunchy from the cashews, plenty sweet from the cranberries, and 100% chocolatey from the chocolate chips. Putting these badboys on sticks is totally optional. I was just taking mine to a dinner party where I wanted to share them as a fun dessert. But eating them as is – or straight from the bowl – is totally fine, too. Any way you serve, them they’re delicious!
Leave a Comment & Rating!