The ice cream Snickers of your youth is now fully within reach.
And it tastes like Ryan Gosling looks.
Friends, let’s do this.
This dream dessert truly is made with just 5 ingredients (I KNOW), starting with my Sea Salt Caramel Coconut Ice Cream as the base.
Raw dates comprise the caramel (which is kind of magic because it doesn’t fully freeze in the freezer! I know.)
Salted peanuts come next because what would a Snickers be without the peanuts? So much salty crunch.
Lastly, a dark chocolate shell.
How could you go wrong?
You guys are going to LOVE these bars. They’re:
& Frozen dessert perfection
This homemade version is shockingly close to the original, even with the 1-ingredient caramel! Trust me – I know. I ate like one every day in high school.
Get ready to fool your friends into thinking you’re a dessert wizard (because you totally are).
If you try this recipe, be sure to let us know! Take a picture and tag it #minimalistbaker on Instagram so we can be ice cream besties. Cheers!
5 Ingredient Vegan Ice Cream Snickers
- Slice firm ice cream into 10 (amount as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size) 1/2-inch slices (see photo) and set on a parchment-lined baking sheet to freeze again until firm - about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare date caramel. Use above-linked recipe to make a larger batch, or place pitted dates (starting with ~16 as original recipe is written // adjust if altering batch size) in a food processor or high speed blender - if dried out, soak in warm water for 10 minutes and then drain beforehand.
- Mix until a creamy paste is formed, adding warm water to encourage it along. Limit amount of water added or it can get too runny. You're definitely going for a paste.
- Remove frozen bars from freezer and spread on 1 Tbsp caramel and a small handful of peanuts. Set back in freezer.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil over a double boiler or in the microwave in 30 second increments. Set aside.
- Remove bars from freezer once set and use a spoon to drizzle the tops generously with chocolate. Work quickly, then set back in the freezer to harden - about 30 minutes.
- Transfer remaining chocolate to a shallow bowl or plate and reheat in microwave if it's gotten too firm.
- Once firm, remove bars from freezer once more and dip the bottoms in the remaining chocolate and brush away extra with the back of a spoon or spatula. Set back on parchment to freeze once more.
- Serve directly from freezer as they become soft when they set out. Will keep in the freezer for up to a couple weeks, though best when fresh.
*Inspired by these 5 ingredient Vegan Snickers Bars!
*Prep time does not include final freeze.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.