Another favorite? PayDays — delicious caramel nougat coated in salty peanuts. What’s not to love?!
These 2-ingredient, 15-minute vegan PayDays are my healthier, vegan-ized take on the classic candy bar.
It starts with adding fresh pitted dates to a food processor along with a little sea salt (optional) for enhanced deliciousness.
The dates get processed into small bits, clump together in a ball, and are then ready to form into bites. We’re already off to a good start.
Next, roll the bites in roasted, salted nuts to give these candies a satisfying crunch!
Any remaining nuts are more finely mixed in the food processor and used to coat the surface of the bites.
We hope you LOVE these candies. They’re:
& So delicious!
These bites make the perfect treat to enjoy this Halloween. They’re also a healthier dessert or snack to have around the house any time of year when salty-sweet cravings strike.
More DIY Candies
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
2-Ingredient Vegan PayDay Bites
- 1 ¼ cup roasted salted nuts (we chose peanuts and cashews // or sub dessicated coconut)
- 2 cups packed, pitted Medjool dates (sticky and fresh!* // measured after pitting // 1 cup contains ~19 dates)
- 1 pinch sea salt (optional)
- Add nuts to a food processor and pulse several times to loosely “chop.” You aren’t looking for a meal — just chopped. Set aside on a plate or in a shallow bowl.
- Begin rolling date bites into the nut mixture to coat, pressing down gently to encourage sticking. Continue until each date bite is thoroughly coated with nuts. (Optional: To coat even more thoroughly, you can pulse any remaining nuts into a loose meal in the food processor and then roll date bites through again to coat — the finer texture will cause more nuts to stick).
- Enjoy as is or transfer to the refrigerator to chill for 1 hour. Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks or the freezer up to 1 month (sometimes longer). If frozen, let thaw slightly before enjoying.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated without optional salt and with 3/4 cup peanuts and 1/2 cup cashews for 16 bites.