Remember my 4-Ingredient No Bake Cookie Bars? Yeah, they’ve been revived and made into a PB-stuffed truffle. Sound good? Trust me, they are.
The concept for this recipe came after a serious craving for no bake cookies and I decided to make a batch of my no bake cookie bars and roll them into balls. After a taste, I decided they needed a bit more saltiness so I dipped them in peanut butter.
Enter thought: oh my goodness they need a PB center. The rest is history.
Despite looking somewhat complex, this recipe is actually quite easy to make. I simply whipped up a batch of my peanut butter pattie dough and a batch of my no bake cookie bars and then rolled the two together!
The result was a no bake cookie truffle with a salty peanut butter center. These could certainly pass as a healthier dessert, snack or pre- or post-workout bite as they have the perfect balance of carbs, protein and sweet.
Also, I have one more idea for how you could consume these, but you’ll have to wait until the next post to see what it is…
- PB Centers
- ¼ cup rolled oats (GF for gluten free eaters)
- 2 pitted dates
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ½ cup roasted salted peanuts
- ½ cup roasted, salted natural peanut butter
- No Bake Cookie Shell
- 18 pitted dates (deglet nour or medjool)
- 3 Tbsp natural, salted peanut butter
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (non-dairy for vegan)
- ½ cup rolled oats (GF for gluten free eaters)
- To make the PB centers, add your oats to the food processor and mix until small pieces remain. Then add 2 dates and process again until only small bits remain. Remove from processor and set aside.
- Next add almonds and peanuts to the food processor and mix until they turn to meal – a few small chunks are OK.
- Next add peanut butter to the nut meal and pulse until well combined. Then add dates and oats back in and process until the mixture forms a loose dough. If it seems too wet to handle, add more oats. If it seems too dry, add a few more dates.
- Scoop out small handfuls of dough and form into small balls – about 1 tsp. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and pop in the freezer to harden for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare your “no bake cookie” shell by pulsing 18 dates in a food processor until only small pieces remain; about 15 generous pulses.
- Add oats, chocolate chips and peanut butter and mix until well combined. You want there to be consistently small pieces but not overly processed.
- Fetch a few of your PB centers from the freezer at a time and scoop out enough no bake shell to cover them – about 1 Tbsp. Flatten the no bake cookie dough and then drop a PB center on top (see picture). Then carefully form the no bake shell around the pb center, adding more no bake layer as needed. Slightly wet your hands to help them stick and form into a ball. You will have leftover PB center.
- Place back on cookie sheet and pop back in the freezer for 15 minutes to set. Will keep fresh in an air-tight bag or container for up to a week. Store in fridge or freezer to keep for longer.