Are you a creative writer, social media expert, and love food? Come work with Minimalist Baker!
What we’re looking for:
Someone who is detail-oriented, has excellent communication skills, and will take the time to make sure every social media post / piece of content is perfected.
The ideal candidate:
- Has extensive knowledge of the best times to publish content on various social networks
- Is a skilled copy writer and enjoys the work of perfecting copy and fine details
- Enjoys food and cooking/baking and has a knowledge of alternative diets
- Enjoys spending time on social media, learning about the new platform functionalities and trends, will help us engage in new ways, and hopes to bring something fresh and innovative to an established, growing brand.
- Feels comfortable answering cooking-related questions (i.e. substitutions, troubleshooting, etc.). You don’t have to be an expert, but have a general awareness of vegan, gluten-free cooking and baking.
- Is skilled at filming/creating Instagram reels of our recipes
- Is skilled at engaging in and managing community discussion on social media platforms, especially in times of high stress or controversy.
- Manage social media accounts, including Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube.
- Create and schedule social media posts for all new content being published.
- Follow up on all posts to ensure the image quality is high, captions are without grammatical error, and links work.
- Check comments and reply / moderate as needed. This should be done 1 hour after the post, and again at 24 hours (more as needed if comments are very active).
- Re-share existing content on social platforms in innovative and interesting ways (new and old reader favorites, as well as seasonal recipes).
- Manage Instagram DMs in a prompt and professional manner
- Re-share posts we’re tagged in on Instagram stories with relative frequency
- Experience writing email marketing campaigns
- Has worked for food/CPG brands
- Experience using Google Ads, Instagram Ads, or other advertising platforms
- Experience handling sponsored campaigns
- Salary: $60,000-70,000/year DOE + benefits (health insurance, PTO)
- 35 hours/week
- Ideally located in Austin, TX but open to remote
- There will be a series of specific questions you’ll answer as part of your application.
- We’ll ask you to include a 2-minute video or audio file explaining why you think you’d be a rockstar at this position and how you think you can improve on what we’ve already built.
- Apply with your hourly rate requirement and any examples of social media, writing, and creative work you’ve done in the past.
- If selected for an interview, we will ask for you to submit 2 examples of social media posts on a variety of platforms for 2 of our recipes/posts.
- All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEOC guidelines.
- Final candidate will need to agree to a background check.
Ready to Join the Team? Apply Here!