Are you a creative writer, social media expert, and love food? Then work with Minimalist Baker!
What we’re looking for:
An exceptional, experienced social media specialist for Minimalist Baker.
The ideal candidate:
- Has extensive knowledge of the best times to publish content on various social networks
- Is a skilled copy writer and enjoys the work of perfecting copy and fine details
- Has an understanding of the Minimalist Baker brand and mission
- Enjoys food and cooking/baking and has a knowledge of alternative diets
- Enjoys spending time on social media, learning about the new platform functionalities and trends, will help us engage in new ways, and hopes to bring something fresh and innovative to an established, growing brand.
- Feels comfortable answering cooking-related questions (i.e. substitutions, troubleshooting, etc.). You don’t have to be an expert, but have a general awareness of vegan, gluten-free cooking and baking.
- Is skilled at engaging in and managing community discussion on social media platforms, especially in times of high stress or controversy.
Push us forward:
We have a social media strategy we’ve been following for some time now and are excited to collaborate with you on it. But we also want someone who is going to look at our brand with fresh ideas and innovative ways we can improve and move our mission forward. You’ll have us as a springboard, but we want to see you excel by pushing our brand further measurable via consistent growth and heightened engagement on all platforms.
- Manage social media accounts, including Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok
- Create and schedule social media posts for all new content being published
- Follow up on all posts to ensure the image quality is high, captions are without grammatical error, and links work. Also check in on comments and reply / moderate as needed. This should be done 1 hour after the post, and again at 24 hours (more as needed if comments are very active).
- Re-share existing content on social platforms in innovative and interesting ways (new and old reader favorites, as well as seasonal recipes).
- Respond to comments / manage discussion on social media (especially on posts that are receiving a lot of feedback).
- Manage Instagram DMs in a prompt and professional manner
- Re-share posts we’re tagged in on Instagram stories with relative frequency
- Management of all social media channels, with a thorough understanding of social strategies for food blogs (especially Pinterest)
- Later social media platform (or something similar) for scheduling posts in advance
- Has an eye for beautiful imagery and our brand’s aesthetic
- Comfortable making Instagram Reels of our recipes
- Experience in PR
Examples of the work you’ll be doing:
- Mapping out and creating strategy and posts for all social channels, promoting new posts and digging into the archives to share relevant content
- Managing comments on all social platforms, particularly questions about troubleshooting and substitutions
- Fostering a sense of community on our social platforms
- Moving our brand forward with innovative social strategies
- Monitoring posts on all channels to ensure links have worked, grammar is correct, and images are clear and crisp
- Our content is usually scheduled at least 3-4 weeks in advance, sometimes more. You will be able to set your own schedule to get your job done. But we also expect you to keep content scheduled in advance (we don’t like doing work last-minute). Occasionally, there may be last-minute changes that need to be addressed.
- You must be detail-oriented and an excellent communicator. Grammatical errors aren’t acceptable and we need the type of person that will take the time to make sure every social media post created, blog post to be published, and any content you produce is perfected.
- You must have an eye for and ability to create innovative, eye-catching content with the images and recipes we provide. We are looking to add fresh content and new ideas to our feeds.
The Nitty Gritty:
- You’ll need your own computer and access to high speed internet. We’ll provide you with access to keep passwords and other details secure.
- This is a 1099 contract position, where-in we will ask to be billed hourly. We will start with a 90-day review and follow up with a 6-month review to give us both the opportunity to make sure we’re a great fit.
- Requires roughly 15-20 hours per week.
- This is a mostly remote position. But if you have the ability to occasionally visit our studio in Austin, TX that would be a huge benefit.
- Ideally you’re the type of worker that’s very self sufficient and doesn’t need much managing. We’ll occasionally catch up over the phone or Zoom, but most of our coordination will be via email or task-managing platforms.
- There will be a series of specific questions you’ll answer as part of your application.
- We’ll ask you to include a 2-minute video or audio file explaining why you think you’d be a rockstar at this position and how you think you can improve on what we’ve already built.
- Apply with your hourly rate requirement and any examples of social media, writing, and creative work you’ve done in the past.
- If selected for an interview, we will ask for you to submit 2 examples of social media posts on a variety of platforms for 2 of our recipes/posts.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEOC guidelines.
- Final candidate will need to agree to a background check.
Ready to Join the Team? Apply Here!