February is about love. But love doesn’t have to be all about chocolate and wine. It can also be about health. Enter: Hot Pink Lover’s Juice.
This simple juice begins and ends with 6 simple ingredients and does not require a juicer. (See my original post on the matter here.) You just need a blender, a towel and a bowl. A fine mesh strainer is helpful but optional.
Just pack in all your fruit and veg with a little water and blend, blend, blend.
Wowzer. Now comes the fun part. Juicing WITHOUT a juicer.
This simple system is fail proof and strains out beautiful juice without the cost of a juicer. I love it.
Just the other day I had 2 pounds of organic apples that I knew we wouldn’t eat in the next week. So, I removed the stems, quartered them and whirled them into an apple-y oblivion in our blender Strain, squeeze, and chill – and ‘voila!’ Fresh pressed apple juice! We couldn’t believe how delicious it was! It’s just so simple, cheap and easy. You MUST try this method.
This juice is:
Packed with nutrients
Perfect as is or added to smoothies
& HOT PINK
What’s not to love? Happy juicing!
- 1 large (or 2 small) grapefruit, peeled and quartered
- 2 large sweet apples, roughly quartered, stems removed
- 2 carrots (or 10 baby carrots)
- 1 small beet, greens removed, roughly chopped
- 1 small knob ginger, peeled (scant 1/4 cup chopped)
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- ~1/2 cup filtered water
- Add all ingredients to a blender and mix until well combined and liquefied, encouraging it a long with more water if needed.
- Place a clean thin dish towel over a fine mesh strainer (optional) set over a mixing bowl (see photo).
- Pour over juice mixture. Then gather four corners of your towel and twist to squeeze out all of the juice, leaving the pulp behind. Once you have all of the juice squeezed out, either chill the juice or serve immediately.
- I liked reserving my leftovers and adding it to smoothies, but it's great as is. Will keep covered in the fridge for a few days but is best fresh.
*See step-by-step photos on juicing without a juicer using a fine mesh strainer in this article we did for Chalkboard magazine.
*If you don't have a fine mesh strainer, fret not! Just drape a thin dish towel or nut milk bag, pour over the juice/pulp, and squeeze the juice into the bowl!