Social Media Manager & Content Editor
Are you an editing champion, social media expert, and love food blogging? Then work with Minimalist Baker!
What we’re looking for: A social media manager, blog editor, and someone to help with minor administrative details on Minimalist Baker.
The ideal candidate:
- Has extensive knowledge on the best times to publish content on various social networks
- Is a skilled copy editor and enjoys the work of perfecting copy and recipes
- Has an understanding of the Minimalist Baker brand and mission
- Enjoys food and cooking/baking and has a knowledge of alternative diets (especially vegan and gluten free)
- Feels confident answering cooking-related questions (i.e. substitutions, troubleshooting, etc.)
Push us forward:
We have a social media strategy we’ve been following for some time now and are excited to collaborate with you on it, however, we also want someone that is going to look at our brand with fresh ideas and innovative ways we can improve and move forward. You’ll have us as a springboard, but we want to see you excel by pushing our brand further.
- Manage social media accounts, including Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Create Pinterest-friendly images using Photoshop
- Proof blog posts and edit for clarity/grammar
- Edit and perfect written recipes (no recipe testing required)
- Schedule social media posts for all new content being published
- Reshare existing content at relevant times
- Respond to comments on our site
- Submit images and content to sites such as Foodgawker / Finding Vegan
- Sharing on John’s twitter account (pertaining to blogger resources)
- Use of all social media channels
Examples of the work you’ll be doing:
- Proofing recipes: Make sure all ingredients are used, instructions are clear, and ingredients are listed in order they are called for in the recipe.
- Proofing blog posts: Make sure copy is clear and easy to understand.
- Sharing posts on Pinterest: Sharing images from existing and new posts as well as creating images specifically for pinterest (e.g., long visually-engaging images, etc.)
- Create social posts for all channels, promoting new posts and digging into the archives to share relevant content
- Managing comments on the site, particularly questions about troubleshooting and substitutions
- We are usually scheduled at least 3-4 weeks in advance, sometimes more. You will be able to set your own schedule to get your job done, but we also expect you to keep content scheduled in advance (we don’t like doing work last-minute).
- You must be detail oriented and an excellent communicator. Grammatical errors aren’t acceptable and we need the type of person that will take the time to make sure every social media post created, blog post to be published, and any content you produce is perfected.
The Nitty Gritty:
- You’ll need your own computer. We’ll provide you with access to keep passwords and other details secure.
- This is a 1099 contract position, where-in we will ask to be billed hourly. We expect there to be about 10 hours of work/week.
- We will start with a 90-day review and follow up with a 6-month review to give us both the opportunity to make sure we’re a great fit.
- This is a remote position. If you live or visit in the Portland area, it’d be great to meet-up, but it’s certainly not required. You do not need to be US based – anyone can apply!
- We definitely want to be 100% coordinated and make sure you have everything you need, but we also don’t like wasting time. We’ll occasionally catch up over the phone, but most of our coordination will be via email or slack
We are open to working with agencies or teams that specialize in this field.
Apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Include your hourly rate and examples of social media, editing, and blogging work you’ve done in the past. We’d also love to hear why you think you’d be a rockstar at this position and how you think you can improve on what we’ve already built.