We’re hiring a food videographer to create beautiful videos for Minimalist Baker. Qualifications and job description listed below.
Qualifications – Looking for someone who:
- Has professional food videography experience
- Has experience food styling
- Has plenty of cooking experience and is comfortable preparing our recipes in their home or studio
- Has access to a wide variety of ingredients, fresh produce, and gluten-free and vegan cooking and baking products
- Has or is willing to purchase props that are similar to what we use
- Is detail oriented, organized, communicative, and can work well independently
- Is easy to communicate with and responds well and quickly to feedback
- Is able to work ahead, manage their own schedule, and meet deadlines
- Has a well-equipped kitchen including a working oven, gas range, high-quality cookware (cast iron and stainless steel preferred), high-speed blender, food processor, baking pans, etc.
- Has a creative eye and can work with minimal direction to make creative decisions
- Has a thorough understanding of composition and color theory
- Is comfortable shooting with both natural and artificial light
- You will receive a written recipe with some style guidance and be expected to deliver a high res video edited (with text instructions / titles) for YouTube, plus additional crops/edits for our other social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter). We will provide copyrighted music to be added to the videos.
- Finalized videos will be our copyrighted work and shared under our brand. We require that submitted content not be recycled, sold, or shared again elsewhere.
- Frequency of work will fluctuate, anywhere from 0-4 recipes per week.
- Be able to copy the Minimalist Baker style and aesthetic.
- Turnaround time is ideally within 2 weeks of assignment, but there may be opportunities to work further ahead.
- This is a location independent, independent contractor position.
- Experience making Instagram reels (provide samples if you have any)
- If selected for an interview, you will be tasked with making one of our recipes and submitting a video so we can thoroughly understand your videography and styling skills.
- We will select the best candidates based on creativity, composition, video quality, vibrancy/accuracy of color, food styling, editing, cooking abilities, and ability to follow and accurately portray the recipe.
- Your experience and qualifications
- Your required pay per recipe
- Your required pay for complementary iPhone videos that would be used for social platforms such as Instagram reels.
- A 2-minute video or audio file explaining why you think you’d be a good fit for the role.
- Your availability (start date and available recipes / week)
- Any other skills or experience relevant to the job
- Portfolio of recent work including videography and Instagram reels (if applicable).
Ready to Join the Team? Apply Here!