We’re hiring a food photographer/stylist to create beautiful images for Minimalist Baker. Qualifications and job description listed below.
Qualifications – Looking for someone who:
- Has professional food photography experience
- Has experience food styling
- Has plenty of cooking experience and is comfortable preparing our recipes in their home or studio
- Has access to a wide variety of ingredients, fresh produce, and gluten-free and vegan cooking and baking products
- Has or is willing to purchase props that are similar to what we use
- Is detail oriented, organized, communicative, and can work well independently
- Is easy to communicate with and responds well and quickly to feedback
- Is able to work ahead, manage their own schedule, and meet deadlines
- Has a well-equipped kitchen including a working oven, gas range, high-quality cookware (cast iron and stainless steel preferred), high-speed blender, food processor, baking pans, etc.
- Has a creative eye and can work with minimal direction to make creative decisions
- Has a thorough understanding of composition and color theory
- Is comfortable shooting with both natural and artificial light
- You will receive a written recipe with some style guidance and requests and will be expected to deliver 5-10 high-quality, high-resolution images that have been edited and ready for publishing.
- Occasionally we will request additional photos for action series or other promotional materials.
- Finalized photos will be our copyrighted work and shared under our brand. We require that submitted content not be recycled, sold, or shared again elsewhere.
- Frequency of work will fluctuate, anywhere from 0-4 recipes per week.
- Be able to copy the style and aesthetic of Minimalist Baker photos.
- Turnaround time is ideally within 2 weeks of assignment, but there may be opportunities to work further ahead.
- This is a location-independent, independent contractor position.
- Food videography experience
- Editorial work such as for cookbook photography, print, or digital publications
- If selected for an interview, you will be asked to make a recipe and submit photographs to display your photography and styling skills.
- We will select the best candidate based on creativity, composition, image quality, color vibrancy / accuracy, food styling, editing, cooking abilities, and ability to follow and accurately portray the recipe.
- Why you are uniquely qualified for this position
- Your required pay per recipe
- A 2-minute video or audio file explaining why you think you’d be a good fit for the role.
- Your availability (start date and available recipes / week)
- Any other skills or experience relevant to the role
- Portfolio of recent work, including photography and videography (if relevant)
Ready to Join the Team? Apply Here!