Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me…
I know I do this every year. I make something sweet like cake or cheesecake and I sing myself happy birthday. But hey, can you blame me? Your own birthday is kinda the best, especially when it lands smack dab in the middle of summer.
To celebrate, let’s make pudding – Peanut Butter Banana Pudding to be exact!
This 5-ingredient banana pudding is a direct result of my smashing success in making Vegan Peanut Butter Pudding! I couldn’t help but take it and do something Banana Cream Pie-esque with it, and thus, banana pudding was born.
Next, you simply layer it with your Homemade Vegan Vanilla Wafers (or try our 3-Ingredient PB Cookies for a no-bake option!) and fresh sliced bananas. Top with a little more coconut whip, bananas, and crumbled wafers and you’re golden!
We hope you LOVE this pudding! It’s:
Creamy from the pudding
Fluffy from the coconut whip
Crunchy from the vanilla wafers
Perfect for celebrations
& Seriously delicious
This would make the perfect warm-weather dessert because it’s cold, creamy, and outta-this-world tasty. It’s amazing as is, but I could also see a drizzle of 5-Ingredient Vegan Caramel Sauce being the perfect topper.
If you’re into desserts like this, also be sure to check out our Vegan Chocolate Silk Pie, Peanut Butter Mousse Cups, 3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Mousse, Vegan Banana Cream Pie, and Naturally Sweetened Vegan Chocolate Mousse.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram so we can see what you come up with. Cheers, friends!
Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Pudding
- ~4 cups Vegan Peanut Butter Pudding *
COCONUT WHIPPED CREAM
- 3 cups full-fat coconut milk or cream
- Stevia or powdered sugar to taste
- 32 homemade Vegan Vanilla Wafers * (or comparable store-bought // ensure vegan-friendly)
- 4 small bananas, ripe (divided, thinly sliced)
- crushed peanuts (optional)
- If you haven’t already, prepare your Peanut Butter Pudding and chill (cover with plastic wrap to prevent film). Set in refrigerator.
- If you haven’t already, prepare a double batch of coconut whipped cream, using full-fat coconut milk or coconut cream and sweetening to taste with stevia or powdered sugar. Set in refrigerator.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a rubber spatula to gently mix together pudding and half of the coconut whipped cream.
- In a 9x13 inch (or comparable size) pan, begin by adding a layer of vanilla wafers (reserving some wafers for the top layer). Using three of the bananas, add a layer of thinly sliced bananas on top of the vanilla wafers.
- For the next layer, top bananas with the pudding-coconut-whip mixture. Smooth the top with a wooden spoon. Use the same method to top with the remaining coconut whipped cream.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 4-6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Remove from fridge and top with a layer of loosely arranged sliced bananas. Crush remaining wafers and sprinkle on top. Sprinkle with crushed peanuts (if using).
- Store covered in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
*In place of the vanilla wafers, sub our 3-Ingredient No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies for a no-bake version.
*Adapted from our Vegan Banana Cream Pie.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with stevia and without optional peanuts.
*Prep time does not include making peanut butter pudding or coconut whipped cream.