Dreamhost is a great hosting option for your foodblog. It’s going keep your site flexible (you can add resources as necessary) and it’s going to be affordable.
These instructions start here (on Dreamhost.com).
Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links meaning we earn a commission if you use those links. We only recommend brands we use and trust.
1) Signup form
2) Plan Options – One great benefit here is that if you do ever change hosts (or cancel all together), you can get a refund for your remaining time. Although upfront investment can be more costly, it does help you save in the long-run.
3) Enter your credit card information – I think you know how to do this.
4) Setup your server & agree
5) Other options – Probably not necessary now
6) More options – Setting up Gmail is a great free option here. It will look just like your gmail inbox, but be for your domain name.
7) Your server is setup!
8) You might have to login again
9) Install wordpress on your server by using the one-click install
10) Find the wordpress install (note – using piwik is also a really great option).
11) Click the “custom installation” button, select your domain, and install!
12) If successful, you’ll see this message:
13) You should receive an email from dreamhost telling you how to access your site for the first time.
You’re ready to start using wordpress!