We’ve previously shared a tutorial on How to Make Bone Broth. And now we’re sharing a super simple and comforting way to use it!
This nourishing 7-ingredient bone broth tonic requires just 1 pot and 5 minutes to prepare. Let us show you how it’s done!
It starts with adding the bone broth to a small saucepan to gently warm it.
Nutritional yeast is added for umami flavor and sea salt for overall flavor and trace minerals.
Turmeric is added for its anti-inflammatory properties and black pepper to aid absorption (consider it turmeric’s wingman).
Green onion and garlic are added for a bit of spice (plus they’re rich in sulfur, which supports detoxification).
For a hint of brightness, we like to finish the tonic off with a squeeze of lemon (but it’s optional).
We hope you LOVE this tonic. It’s:
Easy to digest
This would be the perfect beverage for warming up on cold mornings, while battling a cold or flu, or any time you’re craving easy-to-digest nourishment.
More Nourishing Beverages
- Lemon Ginger Turmeric Wellness Shots
- 5-Minute Mushroom Latte (2 Ways!)
- 3-Ingredient Moringa Latte (Caffeine-Free “Matcha!”)
- Easy Green Juice Recipe + Juicing Tips
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Nourishing Bone Broth Tonic (5 Minutes)
A nourishing bone broth tonic made with comforting ingredients like lemon, nutritional yeast, salt, and garlic. Just 1 pot, 7 ingredients, and 5 minutes required.
- 10 oz. chicken bone broth (or sub high quality store-bought — organic pasture-raised when possible)
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast (if yeast-free, omit)
- 1 healthy pinch sea salt (plus more to taste)
- 1 healthy pinch black pepper (plus more to taste)
- 1 healthy pinch ground turmeric
- 1 stalk green onion, finely sliced (stems and ends removed)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced or pressed
- Squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
To a small saucepan add bone broth and heat over medium-high heat. In the meantime, add nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, turmeric, finely sliced green onion, and minced garlic. The broth should come to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 1 minute.
Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more salt and pepper to taste, nutritional yeast for depth of flavor, or garlic for kick. We also added a squeeze of lemon at the end for brightness (optional).
Serve hot. Store cooled leftovers in the refrigerator up to 3-4 days, though best when fresh (especially if you’ve already added the onion).
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated without optional ingredients.
Nutrition Per Serving (1 of 1 serving)
- Calories: 86
- Fat: 3.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.1g
- Trans fat: 0.05g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.79g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.65g
- Cholesterol: 3.28mg
- Sodium: 503mg
- Potassium: 355mg
- Carbohydrates: 4.2g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Sugar: 1.1g
- Protein: 8.4g
- Vitamin A: 481IU
- Vitamin C: 2.55mg
- Calcium: 28.12mg
- Iron: 1.08mg