First things first. I have two very important announcements:
1) Today I’m releasing my 7 Ingredients or Less E-Cookbook and it’s FREE for download!
2) I figured out how to make bars that taste just like a NO BAKE COOKIE!
Both of these items are very important.
When I tell you these bars taste just like a no bake cookie, I’m not playing around.
I REPEAT: This is not a joke.
No bake cookies are the bomb. For the record, they nor the word “bomb” will ever go out of style.
My mother can attest that no bakes are my kryptonite. I’m rendered defenseless in their presence.
I once jumped up and down like a little girl when someone brought a plate to class…IN HIGH SCHOOL.
I repeat: NOT JOKING AROUND.
When I recently discovered the wonder that is medjool dates, I almost cried.
Adding them to any recipe makes it sweet as pie and replaces any need for added sugar.
So picture this: dates, peanut butter, dark chocolate chips, oats, a.k.a no-bake cookie in the mouth.
Oh yes, we’re going there.
These bars are nutritious and super simple, yet taste just like one of my favorite desserts. And with just four ingredients, you really can’t go wrong.
I’ve already made them three times since discovering their magic factor. At batch #5 I think I’ll have a problem, but we’re not quite there yet so, we’re good.
"No-Bake Cookie" Bars
- 18 whole medjool dates
- 3 Tbsp natural salted peanut butter
- 1/2 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (GF for gluten-friendly)
- Pulse dates in a food processor until they’re in small pieces; about 15 generous pulses.
- Add oats, chocolate chips, and peanut butter and pulse or mix until combined. You want there to be consistently small pieces but not overly processed.
- Transfer to a 9x9 or larger pan and press down until uniformly flat (adjust number/size of pan if altering batch size).
- Pop in freezer for 15 minutes to set. Then remove and cut into 8 bars (as original recipe is written). Will keep fresh in an air-tight bag or container for up to a week.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate.
Nutrition (1 of 8 servings)
Get this and 9 other recipes in our 7 Ingredients or Less E-Cookbook! Click for a FREE download and endless amounts of delicious food! Then read it, try the recipes, and share it and we’ll love you forever – promise.