Now that you know how to make green rice, let us show you how easy it is to make green cauliflower rice! It’s a great alternative if you’re grain-free, or just wanting to get more vegetables into your diet. Let’s do this!
This 8-ingredient, 20-minute recipe is easy to make, and starts with ricing your cauliflower.
Our favorite method is using a food processor with the grater blade. But you can also do it by hand with a box grater!
Next, sauté onion and garlic in a large pot before adding cauliflower rice.
It doesn’t take long to cook — only a few minutes! And it goes even faster if you add a lid so it steams. That’s the beauty of cauliflower rice: It’s ready in minutes and doesn’t require soaking or long cooking times!
In the meantime, prepare your “green mix,” which is comprised of lime, cilantro, salt, and jalapeño pepper.
The result is a loose paste that’s pesto-esque in texture and will add vibrant green color to your cauli rice!
We hope you LOVE this recipe! It’s:
Quick & easy
& So delicious
Into cauliflower? Check out our Cauliflower Rice Peanut Tofu Stir Fry, Cheesy Broccoli Cauliflower Rice Bake, Cauliflower Rice Burrito Bowls, Cashew-Crusted Cauliflower “Steaks,” and 30-Minute Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Green Cauliflower Rice (20 minutes!)
- 1 large head cauliflower (~ 4 cups cauliflower rice), riced
- 1 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped white or yellow onion (or shallot)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Healthy pinch sea salt
- 1 small to medium jalapeño pepper, seeds and stems removed and chopped
- 2 heaping cups cilantro, large stems removed
- 1 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (plus more to taste)
- 2 Tbsp lime juice ( plus more as needed for added flavor)
FOR SERVING optional
- Fresh chopped cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Begin by making cauliflower into “rice” by following link to instructions above. Set aside in a small mixing bowl.
- Next make the green mix: To a food processor with the “S” blade attached, add the jalapeño pepper, cilantro, oil, sea salt, and lime juice and mix until a loose paste is formed (see photo).
- Heat a large saucepan, dutch oven, or skillet (with a lid) over medium heat. Once hot, add oil, onion, garlic, and pinch of sea salt and sauté for 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally. Then add the cauliflower rice and season with another pinch of salt.
- Cover with a lid to steam the cauliflower rice for 1-2 minutes, or until cauliflower texture is to your liking. Then add the green mix and stir to coat. Cook for 1 more minute, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more salt or lime juice to taste.
- Serve with more fresh cilantro and lime if desired. Cauliflower rice is best when fresh, but will keep in the refrigerator up to 2-3 days. It does not freeze well.
*Nutrition information is a rough estimate calculated with avocado oil and without optional ingredients.