It’s summerrrrrtimmeeee. Let’s celebrate with all the fruit crisp, shall we?
Lately my Saturdays have consisted of a trip the farmers market wherein I grab all of the leafy greens, seedy bread and fruit I can find. Then, I stumble home and try to think of ways to consume all of said food. This crisp is one of those ways.
This recipe requires just 10 ingredients and is inspired by my new-found love for peaches. I used my Nectarine Strawberry Crisp as inspiration, but this version is butter-free and has very little added sugar. It also includes some gluten-free flour to give the topping extra texture. I love how the fruit gets all caramelized and bubbly while the topping turns crisp and deep golden brown while baking.
If you’re a peach-lover, I think you’ll love this recipe! It’s:
Tender with a bite
& Perfect for summer
This dessert is delicious on its own, but I prefer it with some dairy-free ice cream. I opted for my Vegan Cherry Pie Ice Cream and it didn’t disappoint, but pretty much any flavor will do!
If you give this crisp a try, let us know! Leave a comment and rate it, and don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #minimalistbaker on Instagram. We’d love to see what you come up with. Cheers!
Easy Peach Crisp (Vegan + GF)
- 7-8 ripe peaches (halved, pits removed and chopped // I also threw in a few cherries)
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour (DIY blend or sub all-purpose flour or more almond meal)
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pecans
- 2 Tbsp packed light brown sugar (or sub muscovado sugar)
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar (or sub more brown sugar)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 4 Tbsp olive oil or coconut oil (coconut oil will impart a more intense coconut flavor // plus more for coating pan)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F ( 176 C) and lightly coat an 8×8 (or similar size // adjust number/size of pan if altering batch size) baking dish with coconut or olive oil.
- Add fruit directly to the dish as you chop it and spread flat.
- To a mixing bowl add crumble ingredients (including oil) and, using your hands or a wooden spoon, mix until all everything is evenly distributed.
- Add to the top of the fruit in an even layer and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the fruit is bubbling and the top is crisp and golden.