Whoa, we’re officially in fall. How did that even happen?
I feel like we just made our New Year’s resolutions a few weeks ago. Anybody with me?
Fall is my second favorite season of the year only behind summer, so at this point it’s like I’m riding a bliss wave straight into happy town (I’m very funny). I feel like fall is a season of new beginnings and crisp, cool weather and all the delicious apple– and squash-related things. In other words, I’m a fan.
September was a fun (and busy) one for us, with family visiting us, and us visiting family in Kansas. Imagine this: Me and my grandparents hanging out and me trying to explain to them how I eat dairy- and gluten-free. So much confusion.
September was also extremely delicious around here, with 10 new recipes that I hope you all tried and loved. Let’s recap what we cooked up, as well as the things we got up to and are loving around the web.
1. No Bake Vegan Protein Bars // 2. Chickpea Quinoa Buddha Bowl // 3. Cheesy Broccoli and Cauliflower Rice Bake // 4. 1-Pot Kale Sweet Potato Curry // 5. Strawberry Coconut Granola // 6. Lentil Bolognese and Zucchini Pasta // 7. Apple Pie Sundaes (30 Minutes!) // 8. 7-Minute Vegan Chocolate Syrup // 9. Smoky Tempeh Burrito Bowls // 10. Red Curry Cauliflower Wings
My favorites this month were the No Bake Protein Bars and Kale Sweet Potato Curry. What about you? What did you try and love?
Hey there friends! It’s me, John, the weird nerdy guy that helps make this internet.
Although I’ve quietly been improving our Blogger Resources all year, I’m excited to have an entire schedule of new resources I’ll be sharing with you over the coming months. For now, here’s my three biggest updates:
- Blogger Resources Newsletter – If you’d like to follow along and receive the latest updates, join my exclusive blogger newsletter.
- New Blogger Resources Homepage – Particularly helpful if you’re new or just interested in what setting up and maintaining a blog would look like.
- What’s In Our Camera Bag – As well as all our recommendations for camera gear based on budget.
I’m super excited about all the new resources we have scheduled and hope they’re helpful. If there’s some you’d like to see, drop me a comment!
What We Did //
- We made a new recipe VIDEO for our popular Healthy, 5-Ingredient Granola Bars! Did you see it? Follow us on YouTube and Instagram for instant updates when we post new videos (and yes, we’re posting more!).
- Other than travelling back to Kansas and hosting family at our place, we didn’t do much in September besides work! We are, however, taking a 3-week trip to Asia in October so be sure to follow @jshltz and @minimalistbaker on Instagram to see what we get up to. John’s travel grams are something to behold.
What We’re Into //
Read – I read a couple books in September but my favorite was definitely The French Beauty Solution by Mathilde Thomas. It was recommended by Claire of the Kitchy Kitchen and dives into the perspective on and day-to-day approach of a French woman’s beauty routine. If you’re a health and beauty junkie like me, this is a must read.
Follow – My favorite Instagram find this month was @elsas_wholesomelife. Expect dreamy photos and lots of plant-based inspiration.
Watch – We saw Hunt for the WilderPeople in the theatre this month and loved it. It’s from the makers of What We Do in the Shadows (a vampire mockumentary) and follows a young boy’s adventures in New Zealand after “flunking” out of the foster care system. It’s heart-warming and beautifully filmed and I highly recommend it.
Listen – I don’t know if anyone’s been paying attention but Justin Bieber has released a few new singles with various artists (Cold Water and Let me Love You), and his most recent Deja Vu is kind of my jam. Don’t hate me, but I think I’m a Belieber.
Listen – I’ve been hardcore crushing on the Rich Roll podcast recently. Check out this episode on plant-based eating from a doctor’s perspective first, and then this episode on Cultivating Non-Judgement that kind of blew my mind. I want to be besties with Rich’s wife, Julie (for real though).
What We’re Craving //
In October we’re craving all the hearty, cozy plant-based entrées and desserts! Can you blame us though? ‘Tis the time of year.
And that does it! See you back soon for a new recipe, friends (waving hand emoji).