It’s that time of the month again where we recap everything we did, made (both food + resources), and ate in September.
Can I just say this month was ridiculously delicious? I’m seriously proud of the work we did in September, especially in the food department. In case you missed any of it, let’s kick things off with eats!
What We Made // Recipes
1. Vanilla Bean Coconut Ice Cream // 2. Turmeric Chickpea Fritters // 3. Crunchy Peanut Butter Granola Bars // 4. Sun-dried Tomato & Basil “Meatballs” // 5. Toasted Pumpkin Muesli // 6. Easy Vegan Ramen // 7. Butternut Squash Veggie Pizza // 8. Dark Chocolate Quinoa Breakfast Bowl // 9. Chickpea Shawarma Sandwich // 10. 3-Ingredient Mocha Milkshake // 11. 2-Ingredient Dark Chocolate Truffles // 12. Vegan Whoopie Pies // 13. Sun-dried Tomato & Basil Arancini
What about you? What was your favorite recipe this month? Tell me in the comments! I’d love to know.
What We Made // Resources
- In the last couple months, we’ve added several new food resources, all of which you can find in the sidebar under the tag “helpful how-tos.” Be sure to check them all out, including our latest additions: How to Make Cauliflower Rice, How to Make Magic Shell, and How to Make Date Caramel.
- We also created several new recipe round-ups, including 17 Vegetarian Pasta Dishes, 16 Delicious Vegan Ice Cream Recipes, and 15 Amazing Vegan Dinners.
What We Did //
- This month, we hosted my dad for a week, and it was so much fun. We took him to several of our favorite Portland spots, all of which you can find in our Portland Dining Guide. We also ventured out to Cannon Beach, Multnomah Falls, and stuffed him full of ice cream before he left. Dads are kind of the best, no?
- We were also hard at work tying up all the loose ends on our print cookbook (eep!!!). It feels so good to have it almost ready for you guys to look at. It’s taken longer to complete than we anticipated, but that’s because we want every element of the book to be perfect. Stay tuned for PRE-SALE details very, very soon!
What We’re Craving //
Is it any surprise? This month it’s all about the squash, especially pumpkin and butternut. I can’t help myself.
Expect a mix of savory and sweet from Minimalist Baker in October, with an emphasis on fall-appropriate goodies that are perfect for entertaining, fall parties, and the holiday season!
See you back tomorrow for a new recipe, lovelies.
Dana + John