I don’t know how we did it, but we did.
We wrapped up another year and I’m sitting here in awe of it all.
This is a little wrap-up post highlighting some of our favorite moments, recipes, and projects from 2015. Let’s jump in, starting with eats!
Top 10 Recipes of 2015
1. Overnight Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding
2. Sweet Potato Chickpea Buddha Bowl
3. Sweet Potato Black Bean Burger
4. Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
5. Spanish Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
6. No Bake Vegan Brownies with Chocolate Ganache
7. Rainbow Spring Rolls with Ginger Peanut Sauce
8. The Best Vegan GF Chocolate Cupcakes
9. 4-ingredient Vegan Nutella
10. Garlicky Kale Salad with Crispy Chickpeas
I love that the top 10 most popular recipes from the blog in 2015 were a mix of savory and sweet! This is a baking blog so desserts are a given, but I love that you all enjoy seeing plant-based entrées as well. More of both to come.
What We Made
Cookbook – We made a print cookbook, and we’re so excited to be publishing it with Avery-Penguin! It’s an incredibly exciting opportunity for us, and the book is now widely available to you all – both online and in stores! Pre-order NOW to guarantee shipment of your book the day of release – April 26, 2016!
Food Photography School – We added an artificial lighting course to Food Photography School this year, which is now comprised of 140+ videos to help you learn food photography visually. This is the perfect time of year to master a new trade, or improve upon skills you already have. Check it out!
Blogger Resources – Speaking of perfect time to start something new, there’s an entire section of Minimalist Baker dedicated to helping you blog better, and it’s all FREE! We recently reorganized the layout so it’s more intuitive and streamlined. Blogging changed our lives three years ago (in case you didn’t know), and if it’s something you feel excited about exploring too, let us help.
What We Did
1. Continued settling into our place in Portland, OR, after moving late last year.
2. Made several trips to Kansas for freelance photography work (wherein I ate all that pizza).
3. Filmed and added an Artificial Lighting Course to our Food Photography School
4. Got recognized by our window washer. “I know your blog! We use your recipes all the time!”
5. Rejoiced in an early spring. Fingers crossed it happens again.
6. Went to Cancun – take me back.
7. Gave you 1,000,000 behind-the-scenes sneak peeks at our PRINT COOKBOOK!
8. Made random trips to the beach, because we could.
9. Made an
awful wonderful habit of eating Mexican food every Sunday for brunch.
10. Went to Healdsburg, California and tasted all the wine (the best).
11. Went to the farmers market all summer (and made #voobs with vegetables).
12. Went to Washington D.C. to visit friends (and eat all the food).
13. We went to Italy and Croatia, where John ordered 1,000 tiny cappuccinos.
14. Went to Santorini, Greece and fell in love.
15. Chopped off all my hair!
Minimalist Baker in 2016
Looking ahead at the new year, we hope 2016 will be even more exciting for Minimalist Baker. Though we haven’t nailed down exact projects yet (aren’t we just full of mystery?), we do want to share a sneak peek at what we’re looking forward to in the coming year.
The Blog – Expect to see more of what you already do on the blog, only better. In 2016, we aim to continually improve Minimalist Baker, in reader experience, site functionality, recipe quality, blogger resources, and products. I’ve grown increasingly confident in our mission to share simple, plant-based (mostly gluten-free) recipes that everyone can make, and we can’t wait to share that message with even more people in 2016. And we can’t wait to bring you along for the ride.
Personal – One of our primary goals is to travel more this year, as it’s become somewhat of a rest/reward for all the hard work we do. Plus, it always inspires recipe creativity and provides cultural experiences that are simply priceless. On our list is: Iceland; Ireland; Shanghai, China; Japan; and California.
As a thank you for following along and being a part of this community, in 2016 we’re giving away one secret, bonus recipe every month to email subscribers! Not only do you receive our FREE 15-recipe Detox Guide when you sign up for our email list, but you also now get exclusive content sent straight to your inbox every month – recipes you won’t find anywhere else. Don’t miss out on 12 FREE bonus recipes next year. Sign up now!
As we wrap up another year, we’re reminded once again that we couldn’t be doing any of this without you. We started this blog in 2012 with a lot of ideas and hopes, but we never dreamed it would turn into something so incredible that we love working on so much. In short, thank you for reading and supporting this blog – it has meant the absolute world to us.
See you in the New Year, friends!
Dana + John
bottom two images by Allison Wonderland Photographie