It’s Time To Protect Your Food Blog
Business entities. Estimated Tax Payments. Annual Reports. Copyright Takedown Notices.
Isn’t food blogging supposed to be about kale chips and quinoa?
The reality is that if you are taking your food blog seriously, you aren’t simply posting pictures of food. You’re running an online business. This means you have to treat the legal issues about online business seriously.
Finding legal help is difficult and costly.
One of the best options I’ve seen is the Small Business Bodyguard.
Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links meaning we earn a commission if you use those links. We only recommend brands we use and trust.
You Have Legal Questions
If you are getting serious with your food blog, you’re starting to realize that you have legal questions. These are questions we have faced and wondered how to handle:
1. What should I do if somebody stole my image/picture?
3. Should I have an llc, s-corp, or something else?
4. What should I do if I work with someone else or hire a contractor?
5. How should I manage my intellectual property?
The Small Business Bodyguard has these answers.
Legal Things Matter
I don’t want to use fear tactics to make you buy something you don’t need. Whether you go with the Small Business Bodyguard or something else, the reality is that this legal stuff matters.
However, I think a much more practical reason you should consider the Small Business Bodyguard is taxes.
Setting up your food blog business in a legally appropriate manner can save you thousands of dollars. Much less the liability protections that come with having a proper business structure.
Your Time Matters
You can waste a lot of time worrying about doing the right thing or what you might not be doing correctly.
Seriously, this is a productivity drain. Unless you just like drowning your mind in legal stuff (that means you should be in law school. Also, don’t go to law school.), worrying about the legal implications of your food blog is simply a productivity drain.
Build something amazing, create amazing content, and take care of this stuff as quickly as possible. This is why I love the Small Business Bodyguard.
How to Get the Legal Help You Need
Here’s the thing: You can get legal advice and DIY help from lots of sources. You could hire an attorney (cheddar bank), you could buy forms online (sometimes works), or you could just see what you find searching online.
The reality is that you’ll struggle for days over your options. You’ll fret you’re missing out on something and you’ll probably end up making a decision that’s less than perfect.
What I love about the Small Business Bodyguard is that you don’t have to worry about making the wrong decision. You get plain speak advice telling you exactly what you need to consider.
Why I Prefer the Small Business Bodyguard
My favorite part about this package is that it is tailored for online businesses. Nobody else is doing that and I can’t even start to explain how amazing that is.
Further, the Small Business Bodyguard includes:
- A truckload of worksheets and sample documents
- Business Entity Selection and Formation Worksheets
- Annual Report Cheat Sheet (with State Specific Information!)
- Client Service Agreement Template
- Independent Contractor Agreement
- Copyright Registration Worksheet
- How to Remove Your Stolen Content from the Web
- Copyright Registration Worksheet
- 200+ Pages of legal resources
- Audio Downloads (the most important one discussing Intellectual Property)
- A DIY Legal Kit created specifically for online entrepreneurs