Fun, fun, party party, aka – we’re makin’ dough balls.
Last fall I made chocolate chip cookie dough bites and they were so delicious that I ate one every night after dinner for a month straight. Let’s just say that wasn’t the month of the skinny jean. Yikes.
This year? I’ve made PUMPKIN chocolate chip cookie dough POPS for fall – double upgrade, double fun. I’ve also wised up since last year and plan to magically transform into the dough pop fairy and share these with all my friends. Doing so will surely secure my spot in the skinny jean kingdom. Hello sexy November.
The concept for these pops is simple: eggless cookie dough with lots of pumpkin butter and pumpkin pie spice rolled into little balls on the wee end of a wooden spoon and then dipped in dark chocolate. Muahahaha, life is good, and sinfully delicious.
For shooting purposes I had to take a bite to show you the insides – what a drag. Then I tried to be a good girl and put it back in the fridge to save for later. Update: I opened the fridge approximately 4 more times to take “just a nibble” before it was all gone – OOPS.
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 stick butter, softened
- scant 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp milk, any kind
- 1/4 cup pumpkin butter
- 1.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips + 1 cup for coating
- 1 tsp coconut oil (optional)
- Beat butter and sugars and in large bowl on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add milk, pumpkin butter and vanilla and mix again until well combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice and mix on low speed (or with a spoon by hand) until incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips, cover and chill dough for an hour.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls around popsicle sticks (mine had spoon ends, which I recommend) and arrange on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper or a silicon baking mat. Place in freezer and let chill for 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips over a double boiler with coconut oil (or in microwave in 30-second increments being careful not to overcook).
- With a large metal spoon, scoop up melted chocolate and dip and swirl the dough balls around in the spoon, coating to cover. Tap pops on side of the bowl to remove excess coating and return to waxed paper-lined baking sheets (or dip in crushed pretzels first). Chill in fridge until set.
- Store chilled in an airtight container for up to 1 week, or the freezer for several weeks.
adapted from love and olive oil