If you’ve ever craved bacon but didn’t want the real thing, coconut bacon is the answer!
This recipe is simple, requiring just 8 ingredients, 1 pan, and 15 minutes to prepare. The result is crispy, bacon-flavored coconut flakes that are perfect for adding to things like salads, sandwiches, dips, and more!
We hope you love this recipe! If you try it, be sure to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram, and leave a comment and rating! Thanks for supporting Minimalist Baker!
- 2 cups (160 g) large flake unsweetened coconut
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) avocado or grape seed oil (or another neutral oil)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp (20 ml) tamari
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (162 C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add coconut flake, oil, tamari, paprika, maple syrup, liquid smoke, sea salt, and black pepper. Toss/stir to thoroughly coat.
- Bake at 325 for 6 minutes, then stir and flip pan around. Bake for another 5-7 minutes, or until coconut bacon is crispy and golden brown. Watch carefully in the last minutes of cooking and be careful not to burn as it can go from brown to burnt very quickly.
- Let cool for 10 minutes - it will continue crisping as it cools. Coconut bacon is great for adding to things like salads, sandwiches, dips, and more! Store leftovers covered at room temperature up to 1 week (sometimes more), or in the freezer for 1 month.
*Recipe loosely adapted from Cookie and Kate.