Friends. How are you?
We’ve been travelling around Asia the last several weeks and are back home getting settled into our normal routine. I always return from travelling changed in some way. This time it was a realization that I struggle with being content and patient.
Travel exposes us to new cultures, cuisines, and landscapes and pries me out of my comfort zone, which is good! But I inevitably find myself missing familiar comforts from back home, like a long run in our neighborhood or a green smoothie.
I also found myself getting antsy. My mind was spinning with business and content and recipe ideas and making grand plans for what project I could start the second we got home.
The funny thing is, when I can’t work I want to work more than anything else. And when I’m not travelling I want to travel more than anything else. There seems to be a constant itch for “something else-ness.” I’m recognizing this about myself and trying to rest more in the balance – savor the present. Consider that a takeaway. Anyone else feel the same way with work/life/travel?
OK, enough about me, let’s move onto wrapping up this lovely month! In this ‘best of’ installment I’m recapping everything we did and made in October, what we’re craving in November, and a hefty list of favorites from the month past. Shall we?
1. 5-Ingredient Chipotle Aioli // 2. Apple Pie Crumble Bars // 3. The Ultimate Vegan Protein Powder Review // 4. Coconut Curry Ramen // 5. Sesame Eggplant + Almond Butter Tofu Bowls // 6. The Best Vegan Gluten Free Cornbread // 7. 8-Ingredient Zucchini Lasagna // 8. 3-Ingredient Chocolate Malt // 9. 1-Pot Chickpea Shakshuka // 10. Gluten Free Onion Rings
What We Did //
- Blogger Resources: As we are commonly asked what blogging tools we use, we updated our WordPress Plugins page and WordPress themes article. Both share the specific tools we use to design and operate this site as well as some of the theory behind our decisions. If you’re a blogger and want the latest resources tips, be sure to follow by email.
- We went to Japan, Seoul and Shanghai! Check out my and John’s Instagram accounts to see what we got up to. After hearing from many of you, I created an Asia Dining Guide for those of you hoping to make a similar trek. Enjoy!
- We published a few more recipe videos! Have you seen them? Subscribe to our YouTube channel to be updated on new ones as they come. Stay tuned for more!
- We shared another Bonus Recipe to our email subscribers: A healthified BREAKFAST Apple Crisp (pictured above)! Sign up now and you can still receive the recipe. Bonus recipes are FREE and shared exclusively with our email list every month in 2016.
What We’re Into //
Read – I’ve been reading Shauna Niequist’s Present over Perfect. Shauna shares about finding balance in life and what self care looks like in a holistic sense. I’m lapping up every word.
Follow – Earthy Andy is a new-to-me Instagram account by an adorable plant-based family living in Hawaii and travelling often. Expect dreamy photos and vegan recipes + tips.
Listen – Greg Laswell’s How the Day Sounds is my quintessential fall album.
Wear – These Hunter Boots (short in navy) all winter long.
What We’re Craving //
In November we’re craving ALL the cozy things, including comforting plant-based entrées and desserts, plus tons of Thanksgiving eats. Surprises are in store – stay tuned!
See you back soon for plenty of deliciousness. Cheers, friends!