Welp, fall has officially arrived. My morning runs now require gloves, a fleece and ear warmers, although my fellow runners are still donning shorts and t-shirts like true Olympic athletes. At least I’m cozy and warm. (Where’s the blanket emoticon when I need it?)
Enough chit to the chat. October is over people, and it’s onto November! This post recaps everything we made and did this month. Let’s get to it, starting with eats.
1. V GF Pumpkin Bread // 2. Pumpkin Sage Biscuits // 3. Vegan Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls // 4. 1 Hour Fall Pot Pies // 5. Savory Pumpkin Soup // 6. Vegan Pumpkin Sugar Cookies // 7. Pumpkin Spiced Apple Pie // 8. Sweet Potato Pie Oatmeal // 9. Simple Vegan Meatballs // 10. Vegan Pumpkin Pie Ie Cream // 11. Banana Bread Cinnamon Rolls // 12. Vegan Mexican Layer Dip
You guys especially enjoyed the Banana Bread Cinnamon Rolls, Pumpkin Bread, and Pumpkin Sugar Cookies. I loved this review from a Pinterest follower. You guys really are the best.
- This month we launched our Food Photography School – a completely visual way to learn food photography with more than 130 + video tutorials. We have been so overwhelmed by the support and feedback we’ve received thus far, and can’t wait to publish some user reviews. Stay tuned and in the meantime, check out the promo video and info page.
Things We Did
- We attended Chopped Con in Kansas City and had an amazing time. We met some of our favorite bloggers, moderated two panels, listened to inspiring talks, and chowed down on delicious eats. If you’re a food blogger, be on the lookout for a Chopped Con repeat next year (our fingers are crossed)!
- This month two of our favorite bloggers released cookbooks and we have been majorly pining over them. First is Izy from Top with Cinnamon who released Top With Cinnamon – Stylish Sweet and Savoury Recipes. The book is gorgeous and inventive and although not entirely vegan, still worth checking out if you’re an aspiring cook and baker. I have a review / adaptation of one of the recipes coming up in November!
- Speaking of bakers, Joy the Baker nailed it with her second cookbook Homemade Decadence. She sent me a lovely package along with the book and I spent a good hour just gawking at the photos and recipes. I can’t wait to dig in. Not a vegan cookbook but still beautiful and amazing for aspiring bakers.
What We’re Craving
Pie, pie! We’re craving pie! Stay tuned for lots of sweet (and savory) pies in November. Whoop!
One last thing! If you have a recipe request or suggestion, please comment below! We’re always wanting to know what you guys are craving, and love to improve, simplify and vegan-ize your favorite meals. Cheers!
-John & Dana