Friends! How are you? I kind of want to reach through the screen give you a big hug. Is that cool? (Come on, Rhonda; bring it in.)
Also, it’s June. What the hey?
Today we’re highlighting recent hits and big announcements on the blog. I’m switching up the format a little and only highlighting the most popular recipes on the site instead of recapping everything we made, starting with most viewed!
Most Viewed Recipe
Out most popular recipe on the site this month that received the most page views was Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Pie! It was definitely one of my favorite recipes, probably because it tastes like a giant peanut butter cup.
Most Pinned Recipe
Our most viewed recipe was also our most pinned. Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Pie. I mean, who can resist? Pinterest loves this pie.
Most Instagrammed Recipe
I’m always asking you guys to tag #minimalistbaker on Instagram if you make one of our recipes, and you totally do! The recipe that got tagged most on Instagram was the Creamy Thai Carrot Soup with Basil! Keep tagging #minimalistbaker! We love seeing what you cook up.
My Favorite Recipe
This may be a little bit of a surprise since I’m usually all about the sweets, but these Mexican Quinoa Salad Cups with Cilantro-Lime Dressing totally captivated my heart this month. Something about the combination of black beans and sweet potatoes doused in creamy cilantro-lime dressing is pure magic.
New Blogger Resources
John has added some MAJOR hard-hitting Blogger Resources since our last update and you guys have been LOVING them. See the titles below, and don’t forget to subscribe here to receive email updates every time a new article is published.
– Dealing with the Law: It’s Time to Protect Your Food Blog
– Best WordPress Themes for Food Blogs
– The Ultimate Foodie Theme Review and Guide
– How to Monetize Your Blog to Cover your Costs
– How to Be a Remarkable Food Blogger
What We Did
May was super busy for us with lots of travel, work projects and freelance gigs. Here are our highlights from the month!
- We made a trip to San Francisco to film a FOOD BLOGGING COURSE with our talented friends at Fizzle. It’s loaded with practical advice and perfect for blog newbies and veterans alike. The release is coming up, but in the meantime sign up as a trial member for $ONE DOLLAR and watch our Founder Story to see how we built Minimalist Baker.
- After San Francisco we made a tour through Sonoma county because, why not? It was gorgeous and we drank so, much, wine. Our favorite winery was Unti Vineyards. The best rosé of your life.
- We made several trips to Wichita for freelance food photography and food styling gigs. Yes, in my free time, I touch non-vegan things.
- I helped throw a bridal shower for a friend. There was hummus, a smoothie bar, and gourmet s’mores! Best, shower, ever.
- John went to Japan for 10 days to work on a project for his travel site, Go Miles Go! And guess what? He practically went for FREE using his tried and tested travel mile methods. More details to come. Check out his Instagram feed to see everything he did.
What We’re Craving
I cannot tell you how many phone calls I made and how many grocery stores I scoured to find rhubarb in April and May. BUT, I finally got my hands on some, so be on the lookout for some tasty treats featuring this gorgeous fruit in June.
That’s it for May! Do you have any highlights from the month past?
See you back tomorrow for a new recipe.
-John & Dana