Hey party people. Welcome to July!
We’re experiencing quite the heat wave here in Oregon. Think triple digit temps, no AC, and lots of quality time in front of a fan.
July is my favorite month of the year for completely selfish reasons. It’s my birth month and I treat every day leading up to the 24th like it’s a countdown to the biggest party of the century (even though I’ll probably just sit at home in my stretchy pants and eat pizza and guzzle wine). Go me (and my fellow July babies)!
But before we get into full-on celebration mode (like I can resist), let’s recap June! It was a delicious and productive month indeed. First up, eats!
1. Chipotle Black Bean Tortilla Soup // 2. Strawberry Chia Watermelon Smoothie // 3. Carrot Ginger Turmeric Smoothie // 4. Spanish Quinoa Stuffed Peppers // 5. Pad Thai Spring Rolls // 6. Tropical Papaya Boats // 7. Samosa Potato Cakes with Green Chutney // 8. Garlic Mac ‘n’ Cheese // 9. Cherry Pie Ice Cream // 10. Easy Peach Crisp // 11. Mexican Green Chili Veggie Burgers // 12. Raspberry Ripple Coconut Ice Cream // 13. 30 Minute Vegan Alfredo Pasta (V+GF)
- In June we launched a new website design! We updated our sidebar to include “Helpful How-Tos” and our “Most Popular Recipes.” We also relocated our search bar, made our site more mobile friendly, re-designed and better categorized our Recipe Page (yay!), and updated our About Page. Look around, enjoy the new digs, and let us know if there’s any other way we can improve your experience on Minimalist Baker. We’d love to know!
- Bloggers (and wannabe bloggers) can find our top blogging tips and all the technical tools we use on Minimalist Baker at Blogger Resources.
What I’m Into //
- I had the pleasure of being interviewed by Jessica Murnane of the One Part Plant Podcast in June. We talk cookbook, diet, blogging tips and more. Check it out! And while you’re at it, snoop around her site because she has some awesome plant-based recipes and resources.
- A new-to-me blog that I’m loving this month is Well and Full. If you’re into delicious plant-based recipes, gorgeous photos, and thoughtful narrative, this is one to check out!
- My fitness of choice lately has been running! Hip pain sidelined me for the better part of winter and spring, but I’m so happy to be out running again, slowly but surely. In case you’re interested, a few of my favorite running must-haves are these shoes (in black), this smart phone arm band, and the Nike+ running app!
What We’re Craving //
How can I resist all of this gorgeous summer fruit in July? Expect berry and melon recipes galore.
That’s it for now! See you all back tomorrow for a new recipe.
Dana + John