We churned out a LOT of good stuff in February. I was expecting it to be an easier month since it’s shorter in days, but it ended up being jam packed.
This is an end-of-month recap of everything we made this month, from recipes to blogger resources to products, as well as a summary of things we accomplished outside of the blog. LEZ DO THIS.
What We Made // Recipes
February was good to our bellies. My personal favorites were 7 Ingredient Vegan Cheesecakes, 5 Ingredient Ginger Beer Margaritas, and 5 Ingredient V GF Cookies, but they all hold a special place in my heart. Clearly, I prefer sweets.
What We Made // Resources
This month we:
- Released 31 Meals Cookbook! – Since releasing 31 Meals January 31, we’ve received such an overwhelming response from you guys – mainly that you love simple meals and want to see more cookbooks from us (stay tuned!). If you’re interested in 31 Meals, get all the details here where you’ll also find customer reviews.
- Added four articles to Blogger Resources, which we recently relaunched with a new mission to focus on the heart of blogging. We did this because there are already a lot of technical resources on blogging, and while important, we feel they’re not what ultimately makes a blog work. It’s things like finding your voice and being consistent. Here’s what we published in February. Find a full list of all of the articles here, where you can also sign up to receive email updates when new articles are published.
- How Should I Manage My Time?
- Canon vs Nikon for Food Photography
- The Miraculous Way to Cut Through the Noise and Be Heard
- How to Create Stellar Content
What We Did
Primarly we locked in in February because it was so darn cold. But we did manage to get out and explore Kansas City a little. This month we:
- Made a Friday tradition of going to Oddly Correct coffee bar and grabbing donuts and coffee. My sweet tooth is happy about this. My thighs are not.
- Checked out Corner Restaurant where they serve brunch 7 days a week. Amen. The veggie scramble was bomb. (Note: get the hash browns instead of breakfast potatoes, because they’re basically just fries. Sorry, not at 8 a.m.)
- Went to Broadway Coffee for the first time with our blog frand, Ali from GimmeSomeOven. The almond milk chai lattes and carrot muffins there are legit.
- Solidified our affection for Beer Kitchen. The burgers and fries are amazing. I recently had the black bean burger – suh good.
Typically I look at the coming month and select a flavor or something we’re craving. But really, it’s going to be a mish-mash of savory and sweet goodness per usual! We’re also sharing our first recipe VIDEO in March so be on the lookout for that! See you next month, friends.
-John and Dana