Hey friends! Guess what? We’re entering the fifth month of 2015. How did that happen?
At this point, seeing as the year is nearly halfway over, I feel I should revisit my New Year’s goals and reflect on the progress I’ve made.
How is 2015 going for you so far? Have you achieved any goals you set? If yes, go you. If not, it’s not too late to start! I look at the start of each new month (and each new day, really) as an opportunity to start fresh. Consider this a nudge to reset and get back on track.
Before we jump into May, we first want to say thank you to everyone who participated in our recent survey! You were all so kind to give us your time and feedback. It’s so appreciated. We’re going to put your suggestions to good use as we continue to refine and improve Minimalist Baker moving forward. So thanks again!
Now, let’s recap what we did, made and ate in April, as well as a few of our favorite things at the moment. Per usual, let’s kick it off with eats.
1. Sweet Potato Chickpea Buddha Bowl // 2. Peanut Butter Cheddar Crackers (Vegan + GF) // 3. One Bowl Chocolate Hazelnut Cake (Vegan + GF) // 4. Overnight Chocolate Chia Pudding // 5. All Natural Gin & Tonics // 6. 5 Ingredient Dark Chocolate Coconut Macaroons // 7. DIY Nutella (4 ingredients) // 8. Mango Chili Lime Margaritas // 9. Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta (Vegan + GF) // 10. Coconut Sugar Caramelized Plantains // 11. Super Green Smoothie Bowls // 12. Quinoa Spring Rolls with Cashew Dipping Sauce // 13. Garlicky Kale Salad with Tandoori Chickpeas
What was your favorite recipe this month? I think mine was a tie between the Chocolate Hazelnut Cake and the Garlicky Kale Salad. So good!
What We’re Into
- I rarely buy cookbooks, but I couldn’t resist this one from my longtime blog crush My New Roots. Let me tell you, it’s a beauty, and it’s already inspiring me to eat more seasonally! Definitely worth a peek.
- Longtime readers may know my obsession with the girls at Tone It Up. In an effort to simplify our schedules (and be mindful of our spending) I forgo a gym membership in favor of exercising outdoors and doing workouts in our apartment. The TIU girls just launched their 2015 Bikini Series and I’m already hooked. Start with this workout, do it twice, and your abs will thank me.
- This podcast on productivity from Fizzle was one of my absolute favorites in April. I found myself wanting to jot down notes on everything shared and then immediately put it to use. Such good, solid advice from two industry professionals on getting meaningful stuff done.
- After watching the entire first season of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix (I give it 3.5 out of 5 stars – it grows on you), we have since resumed our ongoing obsession with Bob’s Burgers. Shout outs for any Tina fans out there (awkward teenage moan)? Also, show recommendations? We’re in the market for something new.
What We’re Craving
Glancing ahead at my editorial calendar for May, it appears I have bananas on the brain. Go figure.
Be prepared for some summer-appropriate recipes utilizing this nutritional powerhouse next month. Until then, cheers friends!
-Dana & John