I only think one thing when May’s over: Summer.
I’m all about warm weather. If it’s below 70 degrees, I’m cold. As in, I’m wearing a coat.
Before we jump into June, let’s recap May. It was a good month for us! Our cookbook is 1 month old! Ahhhhh, so cute. And we have much more to talk about. Let’s get started with eats!
1. Matcha Green Smoothie Bowl // 2. Crispy Baked Tacos with Pineapple Salsa // 3. Veggie Brown Rice Sushi // 4. 30-Minute Portobello Mushroom Stir Fry // 5. Rhubarb Strawberry Margaritas // 6. Banana Cream Pie (Vegan + GF) // 7. Curry Spiced Cashews // 8. Thai Noodle Bowls with Almond Butter Tofu // 9. Piña Coladas Popsicles // 10. Thai Carrot Salad with Curried Cashews // 11. Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble Bars (GF) // 12. Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream // 13. Quinoa Meat Taco
May was kinda delicious. What was your favorite? I have a thing for the Rhubarb Bars and Thai Noodle Bowls! So good.
WHAT WE DID //
At the end of April we released our first print cookbook! Since then you’ve left some awesome reviews and shared amazing photos of recipes you’ve made. Thank you so much for the love and support! Here’s a round-up of a few articles, interviews, and recipes featured from the book.
- Well + Good featured the book and shared THREE recipes! Go check them out!
- Table Manners wrote a lovely review of the book and shared the enchiladas and Butternut Squash Mac ‘n’ Cheese!
- A Q&A with Portland Monthly and the Best Vegan Enchiladas.
- An interview with The Washington Post!
- Veg Kitchen shared our Savory Eggless Benedict.
- Connoisseurus Veg shared our Cashew Soba Noodle Salad.
- Anna made our BBQ Veggie Burgers!
- Design Sponge featured our Dark Chocolate Almond Coconut Bites.
- Food 52 featured our go-to Coconut Whipped Cream method!
- Laura featured our Thai Baked Sweet Potatoes (serious yum).
- Brittany shared our Southwest Sweet Potato Black Bean Dip.
- Ali shared our Best Vegan Enchiladas.
- Kate shared our Vegan Bruschetta.
- Oh My Veggies shared our Spicy Braised Tofu Tostadas.
- Dolly and Oatmeal featured our Vegan Gluten Free Vanilla Cupcakes!
- Erin has already made and raved about our Blackberry Custard Pie and Spinach and Artichoke Dip!
If you’ve bought the book and tried some of the recipes, let us know what you think! It really helps us out if you go and leave a review on Amazon!
WHAT WE’RE CRAVING //
In June I’m obviously craving s’mores, so stay tuned for that and plenty of healthier, plant-based eats. Cheers, friends!